Prom Night Index du Forum
« Le bal de promo, le rêve de tous le mondes… »

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer   ProfilProfil   ConnexionConnexion 

Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   

My Life With Bob Flawed Heroine Keeps Book Of Books Plot

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Prom Night Index du Forum -> Thomson City High School -> Les Salles
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
elmulu

Masculin
MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 20:36 (2017)    Sujet du message: My Life With Bob Flawed Heroine Keeps Book Of Books Plot Répondre en citant

My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot Ensues
by Pamela Paul
rating: 4.5 (22 reviews)

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot Ensues
->>>ONLINE BOOK My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot Ensues

People Pick • O Magazine Title to Pick Up Now • Vanity Fair Hot Type • Glamour New Book You’re Guaranteed to Love This Summer • LitHub.com Best Book about Books • Buzzfeed Book You Need to Read This Summer • Seattle Times Book for Summer Reading • Harper’s Bazaar • Vogue •The Washington Post • The Economist • The Christian Science Monitor • The Atlantic

Imagine keeping a record of every book you’ve ever read. What would this reading trajectory say about you? With passion, humor, and insight, the editor of The New York Times Book Review shares the stories that have shaped her life.

Pamela Paul has kept a single book by her side for twenty-eight years – carried throughout high school and college, hauled from Paris to London to Thailand, from job to job, safely packed away and then carefully removed from apartment to house to its current perch on a shelf over her desk – reliable if frayed, anonymous-looking yet deeply personal. This book has a name: Bob.

Bob is Paul’s Book of Books, a journal that records every book she’s ever read, from Sweet Valley High to Anna Karenina, from Catch-22 to Swimming to Cambodia, a journey in reading that reflects her inner life – her fantasies and hopes, her mistakes and missteps, her dreams and her ideas, both half-baked and wholehearted. Her life, in turn, influences the books she chooses, whether for solace or escape, information or sheer entertainment.

But My Life with Bob isn’t really about those books. It’s about the deep and powerful relationship between book and reader. It’s about the way books provide each of us the perspective, courage, companionship, and imperfect self-knowledge to forge our own path. It’s about why we read what we read and how those choices make us who we are. It’s about how we make our own stories.

Details:
price: $12.21
bound:
publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (May 2, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 1627796312, 978-1627796316,
weight: 10.4 ounces (
filesize:

My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot Ensues Pamela Paul
My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot Ensues book 4Shared

While I do not have such high brow reading tastes (I read all over the spectrum; from self published smut to feminist essays to pulp fiction, I'm an equal opportunity reader and once I start a book I never put it down), I could see where she was coming fromAt the same time, she points out that she often reads books she does not agree with in order to better formulate her opinion, to stay in dialogue with the author's ideas, so I don't think she is jumping to conclusions just based on the books a person has on their shelves.She details her sojourn into mothering and her unabashed love for children's literature, and this is where I think I most respected her focusThank you! Youll get the first email of recommendations from our critics within a week! BummerThe Norton Anthology of English Literature recalled her college years and how the university was "full of lessons about just how much I didn't know." A memory of how she had mistranslated another title, The Grapes of Wrath ("what had I said? The Plums of Fury"), for her French study-abroad host family reminded her of the escape Paris would come to represent after she started her professional lifeIt is exactly that last possibility that happened to me with Pamela Pauls My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot EnsuesMagazineEmail NewsletterYour AccountReviews / AssignmentsAuthor DashboardEditorial DashboardIndie Author DashboardYour Pro Page Pro InboxYour Book ListManage SubscriptionsChange PasswordLog OutLog InThere was a problem adding your email addressGreat book! My own book journal has been affirmed in all the best ways

Sure I named a cat Tatiana while reading War & Peace, but did I read the whole book or was I watching the mini-series with Anthony Hopkins? Once paired with my Dickens/Trollope/Wilkie Collins/Heyer Anglophile reader friend Jo-Ann we discussed whether we should love the books our friends love? There's clearly some room for variability although I doubt I would have much in common with someone who didn't love Anne Tyler at her bestI do the same things and feel the same wayShop Now Newsstand Newsstand NOOK Newsstand NOOK Magazines NOOK Newspapers All NOOK Periodicals Top Free Trials Special Issues Print Newsstand Over 900 Print Subscriptions Bestselling Subscriptions Subscriptions Under $10 NOOK Favorites Women's Magazines Men's Magazines Business Publications Print Favorites Women's Magazines Men's Magazines Save up to 90%! Save even more with an Annual Subscription Shop Now Teens Teens' Books Customer Favorites Bestsellers Adaptive Studios New Releases Coming Soon NOOK Books Popular Authors Cassandra Clare Victoria Aveyard Sarah Dessen John Green Sarah JJun 24, 2017 Diane Barnes rated it really liked it I did love this book, because it's about books and reading and the people who love both those thingsPublication date: 05/02/2017 Pages: 256 Sales rank: 40,263 Product dimensions: 5.60(w) x 8.30(h) x 1.10(d) Related Subjects Biography - General & Miscellaneous Editors - News & Media Biography Read an Excerpt My Life with Bob Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot EnsuesBy Pamela Paul Henry Holt and Company Copyright 2017 Pamela Paul All rights reserved

She does talk about reading in temples and yurts, but she never conveyed (to me) any passion or enthusiasm for what she sawPlease try againBack Tiny Desk Live Concerts Field Recordings Studio Sessions Music Documentaries Music Videos Festival Recordings It was the early eightiesAll Rights Reserved

So whether she was hoarding castoffs from her bookstore job, obsessing about ticking off everything in the Norton Anthology, despairing that shed run out of reading material in a remote yurt in China, or fretting that her husband took a fundamentally different approach to Thomas Mann, Paul always looks beyond the books themselves to interrogate what they say about her.I had a couple of favorite moments Les Prunes de Fureur, a verbal gaffe from her study abroad year in France; and an excellent takedown of Ayn Rands The Fountainhead but I suspect each reader will find their own incidents and passages to loveThe author's a lot younger than I am, so some of her childhood and teen reading didn't resonate, but it was fun to read about her adult reading and reading-related adventuresThe ideas presented and analyzedin My Life With Bob providedme witha sense of total and complete identification.However,the second half of the book did drag a bit whilereading about her fights with her ex-husband over booksCarrying a book was practically against the law at summer camp, where downtime was for forced mass songHer second, more successful effort consisted of a list that cataloged every book she had read, her Book of Books, or BOBShe manages to share with us chortle-inducing instances of okay, Ive had enough of that with some of the men she met later

Once, at Barnes & Noble, I chose a novel with the naked back of a silhouetted female torso on its cover, decades before such images became the tired trope of "women's fiction." It looked daring, but not dangerous; I had no idea what it was aboutOops, sorry, I nodded off there for a minuteYoull receive free e-mail news updates each time a new story is publishedClick to view the items in your shopping bag You have Books Books Customer Favorites B&N Classics B&N Top 100 B&N Stores' Bestsellers B&N's Biggest Books Books by Author Book Awards Books by Series Coloring Books for Everyone Coming Soon Coupons & Deals New Releases NY Times Bestsellers The Paperback Store Signed Books Subjects Biography Business Cookbooks, Food & Wine Diet, Health & Fitness Fiction Graphic Novels & Comics History Mystery & Crime Religion Romance Science Fiction & Fantasy Self-Help & Relationships See More > Departments Audiobooks Bargain Books B&N Readouts Calendars Large Print Libros en espaol Self-Publish with NOOK Press SparkNotes Textbooks Blogs B&N Reads B&N Review B&N Sci-Fi & Fantasy Blog Coming Soon Pre-Order Tomorrow's Bestsellers Today Shop Now NOOK Books NOOK Books Customer Favorites B&N Readouts NOOK Top 100 NOOK Daily Find NY Times Bestsellers New Releases Coming Soon NOOK Book Deals NOOK Press Books Self-Publish with NOOK Press NEW NOOK Press Sell in Print NOOK Foreign Language NOOK Book Bundles Subjects Biography Business Current Affairs & Politics Diet, Health & Fitness Fiction History Mystery & Crime Religion Romance Sci-Fi & Fantasy Self-Help & Relationships Teen Books See More > Departments NOOK Comics Kids' Books NOOK Kids Read To Me NOOK Kids Read and Play NOOK Magazines NOOK Audiobooks Store NOOK Newspapers Free NOOK Mobile Apps NOOK Store Shop NOOK My NOOK Library Read for Free,Now on Serial Reads A forensic expert makes a dangerous bet to solve a murder in Paris.more flag 83 likesLike see review View all 3 comments Always.To my Dad's neighbor, I would not recommend this book because she wouldn't get itThough her new husband was retired, my mother worked long hours juggling multiple jobs, commuting into the city, where she was an advertising copywriter; then she worked into the night freelance editing a series of trade magazinesInstead its subject is its author, who garlands her memories of childhood, friends, and travels with a random bibliographyReading a page-turner now is "a masochistic thrumming of simultaneous desire and deprivation involving late nights and little sleep, ignored and resentful children, furtive retreats into the bathroom to secretly flip the pages." Any book lover will understand when she writes, "Even if we don't keep a physical Book of Books, we all hold our books somewhere inside us and live by themJust one scene! Pammy, please!I wholeheartedly get the dad in this scenario.The prospect of finding someone who takes as much pleasure in the book as I do is often more a reward than the book itself 48a4f088c3

LinkedIn is the world's
largest business network, helping professionals like Pamela Paul discover inside
May 23, 2017 ..980 likes
Doodle Journaling: Blank Journals To Write In, Doodle In, Draw In Or Sketch In, 8" x 10", 150 Unlined Blank Pages (Blank Notebook & Diary)Hattar till lite större dockor.: Virka (Swedish Edition)The Biography of Thomas EdisonTears+in+His+BottleWord by Word: The Secret Life of DictionariesA Service Book for Sunday Schools: To Which Is Added a Collection of HymnsGrace Notes: My Recollections Katey SagalDear Evan Hansen (TCG Edition)Cross-Stitching & Knitting: 1-2-3 Quick Beginners Guide to Cross-Stitching! & 1-2-3 Quick Beginners Guide to Knitting! (Cross-Stitching, Embroidery, Knitting, Lace & Tatting, Needlepoint)Libro para colorear unicornio (Spanish Edition)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 20:36 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Prom Night Index du Forum -> Thomson City High School -> Les Salles Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation